How the stillness of God can help us be still…. – Sr Kathryn's Podcast – Touching the Sunrise
The stillness of humility… Be still. Comforting words that we find in Psalm 46. “Be still and know that I am God.” For me, these words conjure up quiet moments in a sacred space or beautiful place in nature. To do “be still” I could imagine calming myself down and enjoying a heart at peace, a world at peace, relationships at peace… Which they are not. Our world is anything but in peace. Being a fallen human being not every one of my relationships is at peace. And when I try to be quiet my heart struggles to find inner rest, and my mind takes off like wild stallions. Be still. Our hearts are rocked at times with reactive emotions and deep storms of fear and resentment. Our minds filled with useless, cynical, and angry thoughts that like gnats destroy our peace. I can hold my Father’s hand and bow to what I cannot change, determined nonetheless to care compassionately and see others with God’s eyes, confident that I need not prove, finish, or amount to anything to be his beloved daughter.
- How the stillness of God can help us be still….
- When You Wonder How the Pieces Fit Together: A Midlife Reflection
- Let Jesus break open your heart: An Easter meditation
- Jesus meets us at our charcoal fires
- St Patrick: Wisdom on Hospitality and Protection
- What are you doing for Lent?
- Lent 2021: Jesus says “Come” and “Trust”
- Song of Quiet Trust: A Midlife Meditation
- Blessed be the Lord who has come to us and set us free
- How To Bless Your Christmas Tears