Sometimes our hearts are filled with nagging questions that run like life’s background music: Do I matter to God? Does God see me? Does God hear me? Does God get what’s happening to me and what it means? In HeartWork we answer the essential question: Who am I now, in this situation of my life and in these relationships. And who is God? How is God touching my life right now? Freeing me? Leading me?
HeartWork exists because people realize they’ve come to a place in their life where they need spiritual direction. Maybe there are too many options. Maybe there seems to be no options. Perhaps they have new eyes to see, or perhaps they’re longing for this new sight. Some have touched the sunrise within their soul and want more. Others are longing for this spiritual gift.
HeartWork is a process of group spiritual formation and transformation that honors your story, creates the space in which you can safely explore what is happening with you, gain the tools to come home to your heart where the Trinity is already at work, be re-created by Love, and set out again.
The HeartWork journey helps a person move from paralysis to freedom, from feeling frozen to knowing spiritual warmth bubbling up within the heart, from the tears of grief and rejection to the utter relief of knowing you are beautiful, radiant, and forever loved.
Sometimes we can feel as though lost in a deep forest where no clear paths are visible. A blend of spiritual guidance, formation, and faith-sharing, the HeartWork community is a place where you learn to explore, love, open and nourish your heart, your deep heart where God is dwelling within you. You will discover that though you waited for light to appear from outside, the paths of Light are imprinted in your heart where the Trinity abides, and we learn to walk them through the valleys and mountaintops of lived experience.
Here in the HeartWork Group Spiritual Formation program we learn a simple and practical process of watchfulness “at the door of your heart” in the spirit of the Eastern Fathers, who teach that the process for healing the heart is through a patient and sacred watchfulness which gives rise to the deep experience of wonder in all the mysteries your life holds.
In HeartWork you will receive:
- a place to hold your broken heart gently
- companions to support you through the struggles of life: grief, divorce, regrets, loss…
- a guide in the ways of the spirit who is faithful to the spiritual tradition of the Church and rooted in Scripture
- spiritual guidance as you try to understand the mystery of your life
Explore HeartWork On Your Own
If you’d like to explore HeartWork on your own, there is plenty available for you to listen to for spiritual formation. Take advantage of the growing library of over 70 audio and video programs and guides on spirituality and prayer, and receive occasional new audio prayer guides for just $2 a month.
HeartWork Group Spiritual Formation
Besides the library, those who join the HeartWork Group Spiritual Formation program will also receive:
- a new theme for formation each month
- a meeting with myself and the members of the HeartWork community on Zoom (these meetings typically are offered 3 different times a month to accommodate various schedules, Saturday 9:30 – 11am EST, Saturday 7 – 8:30pm EST, Tuesday 12 – 1:30pm)
- written preparatory material for the meeting
- an examen of consciousness for the month on the spiritual formation theme being explored
- presentation material from the Zoom meeting posted for those not able to make it
- an audio wrap-up at the end of the month
- the opportunity to get answers to questions about the spiritual life
I use Patreon to provide the space for the community and to manage the resources I provide.
Everything on this tier is yours for $8 a month.