God wants you!
You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, Lord, do I seek.” (Psalm 27:8)
God knows that he made us to look directly into his Face, to rejoice in the delight he takes in us, to feel cherished by his tender gaze that can never be marred by anger towards us.
We were made for him.
Deep down in our hearts, we know that. We resonate with the beat of our Creator’s heart. We seek his Face for it is only there that we rest at last in the love for which we were made.
God wants to reawaken this desire in you. He wants to refresh you in the midst of this very long epidemic of sorrow through which you are living. He wants you to seek the life you were meant to seek. He wants you to head home.
This is a video meditation that is a powerful antidote to the scary narrative all around us: the dire predictions, the endless what if’s, the numbers of daily cases, and the names of dear ones who have left us for the eternal shores of God’s infinite mercy.
I offer it to you as a gift.
Take a moment to direct your face anew to the Face of the One who loves you and will take care of you. Take a deep breath, and rest in his arms.
ENJOYED THIS VIDEO MEDITATION? HERE ARE 5 WAYS TO GO DEEPER…God has amazing ways of knocking on people’s hearts, awakening desires, arousing questions, provoking an unexpected spiritual fire. If you have enjoyed this article, and are ready to embark on a sustained spiritual journey, here are 6 ways you can join me on the journey:
- Join my private Facebook Group and walk the road of healing with a great group of people. I offer a half-hour live spiritual conference here Tuesday evenings at 7pm EST
- Sign-up for my letter Touching the Sunrise. I write a letter a couple times a month from my heart to yours to support you along the way.
- Explore my books: Surviving Depression: A Catholic Approach; Reclaim Regret: How God Heals Life’s Disappointments; Just a Minute Meditations Deeper Trust and Inner Peace. Enroll in the free 5-day email series introducing Reclaim Regret.
- Enroll in courses on Midlife, Contemplative Prayer, and a do-it-yourself downloadable Surviving Depression retreat
- Become a part of the HeartWork Community, a place where you can ask the hard questions and find a path to a life that is free, fulfilling and fruitful.